Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's Too Sweet

Never thought I'd say that!

But since about 08.08.13 and cleaning up my diet, this has become my new mantra. Weird. I made three-bean salad today from a tried-and-true fave recipe. Even though I added in a fourth can of beans and cut the sugar in half, it is still too sweet.

So next time, instead of one-fourth cup of Stevia, I'm gonna add one tablespoon of honey to the vinaigrette and see how that works.

Since I've been on a salad kick, I also bought several dressings to try out for the first time. There is a raspberry oil and vinegar that is great, except it is also too sweet and has HFCS in it, plus the EVOO is diluted with another veggie oil that I would prefer was not in the mix.

I'll be glad when my local grocery store has low-sugar and no-HFCS versions. In the meantime, I guess I'll dilute what I bought while I play experimenter in my kitchen and make near duplicates.

Wish me luck.

Happy first day of fall to you all. It's beautiful here in Texas. I've got my windows open and am enjoying not paying for AC. At least today.

Denise Barker, author + blogger + copy editor
amazon.com/author/denisebarker

No comments:

Post a Comment