Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Sunday, November 6, 2011

My New Characters Woke Me Up Early This Morning

Day Six of NaNoWriMo and I was up early, 6:10 a.m., already typing while my coffee brewed as these four newest characters were giving me my lines before I left my bed and could get my laptop booted up.  You know those great lines that, for want of paper and pencil, float right back into the ether and evaporate?

Yeah.  Those.

But I still captured some to paper--or radio waves or whatever makes my computer work.  And I've been going at it strong till now, 7:02 a.m.  I've added another ten pages.  One more chapter in my NaNo novel.   This is so great!

Hope they keep dictating to me.  These four guys are quite the characters.  Don't you just love it when they show up, take over, tell you what to write?  Writing heaven.  An author's dream.  Which is what happened to J.K. Rowling when she was writing her seven-book series on Harry Potter.  How utterly cool is that?

And for some probably long-buried-but-Puritanical reason, I feel better when I create first thing in the morning.  (My apologies to my LY-hating CP for my expansive feeling which can only be expressed, obviously, through adverbs.)

So, how is your day going?

#nanowrimo 12,356 WC

No comments:

Post a Comment