Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Five Days and Over 2,000 Freebies Later

Well, there are no rankings to check now.  I guess the freebie status of my e-book put it into a "free" ranking that it does not qualify for now.

There were no downloads in Italy, France or Spain.  I really wanted to see some as these areas are so exotic and romantic to me.  With my sparse knowledge of the VAT tax, I would have thought all those countries "over the pond" would save the most by snagging these Amazon promotions. 

The final copies given away total 2,096.  Good Ole Boys was downloaded by 11 in Germany, 374 in the U.K. and 1,711 in the U.S.  Pretty amazing numbers for a new author with a new book and an, as yet, unknown writing style.

It is quite the experience having all that adrenaline for five straight days--and I guess to sleep that profoundly (and early) was to be expected.  IMO, all newbie authors would benefit from this "worldwide" campaign offered through the Amazon Lending Library that puts your name in front of all those future readers in all those countries.  I did wish I had my prequel readied for uploading before (or during) the five free days, but it wasn't yet ready.  So I would suggest that others have a second book in their Amazon offerings to keep their new readers engaged after the free giveaway program.

My next completed novel is almost ready for publication.  In the meantime, I'm going to get my coffee and enjoy the start of another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment