Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Monday, February 13, 2012

Sol Stein's Stein on Writing: A Master Editor of Some of the Most Successful Writers of Our Century Shares His Craft Techniques and Strategies

Finished reading the above-noted book about 1:00 a.m. this morning.  Great how-to manual.  Full of wonderful tips and insights. He reduced to words what I was trying to name about what I do, and don't, like while reading novels.

This was the loaner from one of my CPs (Thank you!) and therefore I couldn't indulge in underlining and highlighting someone else's resource material.  I took about fifty pages of notes (front and back, so one hundred sides of handwritten reminders).  I hope to type them up later today and will probably share some highlights with y'all, without "giving it all away."

This is another reference book I want for my home library and just now added to my Amazon Wish List, along with Stein's latest How To Grow a Novel.  He created WritePro software for authors, which I'd be interested in checking out further.

It's drizzling here in the DFW area this morning (began while I was finishing Sol's book), and there is even a frosting of ice dribbled in a path in my backyard.   Good thing I have plenty of To-Do items to keep me inside today.  Have a good week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment