Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Every Day That I Work for Myself, I Am Rich

I wrote about this before. One post I found is here http://livingthedreampublishing.blogspot.com/2012/09/i-am-so-blessed.html although I thought I had been much more poetic than that. Maybe there is another post where I was (ha!).

But early this morning I read Barbara Conelli's "Today, I'm Rich" here: http://barbaraconelliblog.com/2012/11/27/travel-writers-diary-today-im-rich/ and she wrote it all so beautifully, said everything I wished I had said, and I so want you all to embrace this happy freedom, that I have to share her words.

Oh, here is another one of mine to check out at http://livingthedreampublishing.blogspot.com/2012/02/like-you-are-on-vacation.html. Still not as perfect and as succinct and as rhythmic as Barbara's, though.

Not that we all have to be freelancers and authors, like Barbara and me. But we all should be ecstatic about the work we do, day after day, hour by hour, second to second.

If you are already there, you are truly blessed, wealthy and happy.

I wish that for everyone.

Can you imagine our world if every single person on the planet was enthused about their work? Think how that would spill over into their home life, their dealings with strangers, their outlook on life in general, their hopes, their dreams, their goals.

I look forward to seeing that world in my lifetime.

Denise Barker, author + blogger + copy editor

No comments:

Post a Comment