Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Couple Tips for Better Eating

I'm of the slow-carb fandom, and thus substitutions are needed to update my food cravings to something healthier. Two came to mind today.

  • Instead of potato salad, fix some deviled eggs from omega-3 or organic brands. I substitute EVOO for the mayo, using a tad more brown mustard  and bumping up the apple cider vinegar with an equal dose of pickle juice from the opened jar in the fridge. Add in garlic and onion, well minced, plus sea salt and ground pepper. Tweak to fit your taste buds. I find that the primary elements that are calling me (the mayo, mustard, pickle carried by the vehicle of the white potatoes) can be reconstituted in another form and still be satisfying.
  • Instead of everything bagels or everything French bread, try sprinkling all those wonderful seeds and seasonings on your wild salmon. Just be sparing with your application. These are to be used as spices; we are not creating a blackened effect. I like to add sunflower seeds to my sesame seed mix.

Take good care of you and have a wonderful week, all!




Denise Barker, author + blogger + copy editor
 

No comments:

Post a Comment