Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Sunday, October 21, 2012

NaNoWriMo Tips: Mind-set

Here are a couple more tips. First, more for us women:

I believe it was Barbara Cartland who had a daily beauty regimen scheduled as a break in her writing, which obviously didn't slow her down one bit as she penned 723 books. I remember her having a facial one day, a mani-pedi the next, a mask another, a hair treatment to follow, all-over moisturizing, and so on. Pick your favorite.

Water does a body good, so drink up, too. Indulge in your own at-home spa treatments now or each day of November or both. I have a small clear plastic container filled with manicure items on my desk. It reminds me to make time to pamper myself even just five minutes daily.

Second, for any NaNo author:

Is there something bugging you that you have been procrastinating about? Like me, do you have a truckload of nonworking electronics that needs to be carted off to Best Buy and/or the city dump? Before writing this post, I wiped down seven sides to six doors just here in my office, kitchen, entryway and laundry room area. It took all of fifteen minutes and I'm still smiling at their shining surfaces.

You don't want worry or guilt interrupting your creative process, so if your mind seems to be nagging you about something, just go do it.


Denise Barker, author + blogger + copy editor

No comments:

Post a Comment