Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Anticipation

Yesterday--the official first day of Fall--I was hit with a Christmas-cheer boatload batch of anticipation.  I don't know what specifically brought it, but there are the usual suspects:  God in His Heaven, sowing and reaping at work, a taste of fall when we here in the DFW Metroplex have had, it seems like, one hundred days (not all in a row) of drought and triple-digit heat that could frazzle more than a couple nerves.

I think that is why God created the seasons.  One of our basic needs as humans is variety.  Thus, the seasons.  Although this year, after that summer we just had here in Texas, I am really, really looking forward to having a full season of fall.  However, if you have ever lived in the Lone Star State throughout all four seasons, you know we're not usually dosed with three months of autumn.  Hopefully, this year is different.   We've had a monster winter, a windy spring and one burner of a summer.  Shouldn't it follow that we get a full-fledged fall?  I hope so.

Anyway, my anticipation symptoms include:  I'm filled with housecleaning energy, with a less workaholic outlook (that's a good thing from this workaholic on overdrive for the last few decades), wanting to cook more, wanting to sit out on the patio with a cup of coffee and just sit and contemplate life more, and on and on it goes.

I'm still looking for the great . . . something . . . that all the cells in my body are waiting for with awesome anticipation.

So, here's wishing that happy expectation on each of you.  Let me know what yours was.  I'm curious.  After all, I am the creative author type.

No comments:

Post a Comment