Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Two Fun Diagnostic Sites for Authors

First is Gender Genie which guesses the sex of the author.  Very useful for us females trying to duplicate man-speak in our dialogue.  Check it out here:  http://bookblog.net/gender/genie.php.

Second is I Write Like and, since I just found it today, is causing me to veer away from my proposed To Do list to insert snippets of my various writings to see the results.  Here's that link:  IWL.me/.

So far, I write like Mario Puzo, Arthur Clarke and David Foster Wallace.  Which made me wonder if female authors were in the database.

So I dug out a love scene and a fight scene from my WIP mainstream and finally hit upon two female authors:  Anne Rice and J.K. Rowling, respectively, proving authors of both genders are awaiting your comparison.

Now, back to work . . .


Denise Barker, author + freelance copy editor + blogger
Good Ole Boys, a love story at http://amzn.to/GoodOleBoys

No comments:

Post a Comment