Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Monday, March 23, 2020

Coronavirus, aka Covid-19, Cannot Live on Copper for Four Hours: Would Copper Supplements Fight This Off?

Again, I am no medical professional or some scientist either. But the fact that the virus cannot live on copper for four hours seems remarkable to me. The air seems to make it go away in three. To date, these are the two fastest "surfaces" to get rid of Covid-19. Per livescience.com, they state:
This study was originally published in the preprint database medRxiv on March 11,  and now a revised version was published March 17 in The New England Journal of Medicine.
Granted this is a "novel" virus, as it appears to be new to humans, to differentiate it from all the other forms of coronaviruses (from my layperson's understanding). So we have a lot to learn. What is scary is that some people with the virus (confirmed by one of those rare tests out there in the US) have no symptoms. So we can't watch for symptoms before we isolate.

We must assume we all are infected and act responsibly, for us and everyone else.

And our human body needs copper, a trace mineral. Per MedicalNewsToday.com:
The recommended daily allowance (RDA) is around 900 micrograms (mcg) a day for adolescents and adults. The upper limit for adults aged 19 years and above is 10,000 mcg, or 10 milligrams (mg) a day. An intake above this level could be toxic. Both copper deficiency and copper toxicity are rare in the United States (U.S).
Dave Asprey's Bulletproof formulation of Zinc and Copper Dietary Supplement acknowledges his research that confirms zinc (great for sore throats, BTW, noted as a Covid-19 symptom too) with the addition of copper helps its assimilation in the body.

Per https://www.helpguide.org/harvard/vitamins-and-minerals.htm

  • Zinc helps blood clot, is essential for taste and smell [also noted as a Covid-19 symptom], and bolsters the immune response.
  • Copper helps form several enzymes, one of which assists with iron metabolism and the creation of hemoglobin, which carries oxygen in the blood. [Emphasis and personal note added with bold font.]

So, as a layperson with no medical or scientific training other than a curious mind, why can't copper fight Covid-19? Why wait for some supposed chemical cure months/years down the road when we can supplement now?

Granted, beware of any copper toxicity. Again per the helpguide.org site above noted, it is stated:
Words to the wise
Trace minerals interact with one another, sometimes in ways that can trigger imbalances. Too much of one can cause or contribute to a deficiency of another. Here are some examples:
  • A minor overload of manganese can exacerbate iron deficiency. Having too little can also cause problems.
  • When the body has too little iodine, thyroid hormone production slows, causing sluggishness and weight gain as well as other health concerns. The problem worsens if the body also has too little selenium.
The difference between “just enough” and “too much” of the trace minerals is often tiny. Generally, food is a safe source of trace minerals, but if you take supplements, it’s important to make sure you’re not exceeding safe levels. [Emphasis added with underlining.]
But my personal plan in the meantime is (and I am not affiliated with any brands noted herein, nor am I benefiting monetarily from these personal endorsements):

  1. I am taking an additional 10,000 to 15,000 mg of liposomal Vitamin C daily as preventative measures [per Shanghai's recent success with both intravenous and oral Vitamin C treatments]. See https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=228745. However, just because I am asymptomatic, that doesn't mean I don't already have Covid-19. Just ask Rand Paul. Therefore, I guess you could call this my prevention/treatment plan.
  2. I'm taking Bulletproof's zinc and copper formulation daily, one capsule, 15 mg zinc and 2 mg copper.
  3. That is on top of my daily Nutrience morning/evening powdered multivitamin/mineral supplement, which contains 100% of all recommended vitamins and the major minerals (except for calcium, as it seems the body can only assimilate 500 mg at a time, so it takes more than an a.m./p.m. structure; thus I dose again at lunchtime). Nutrience specifically contains 90 mg of Vitamin C and 11 mg zinc, with no noted copper reference that I found. Which makes sense if deemed a trace mineral and should be in our daily diet.
  4. I am blessed to be able to work from home. I am in the DFW area of Texas. I have stopped running errands, even to the grocery store, opting for online deliveries these last couple weeks. And looks like that trend will continue for months. I'll be eating from my pantry more. Note to self: Start my car weekly to keep the battery juiced up.
  5. I'm also taking various Ancestral Supplements offerings: Grassfed Beef Liver, Beef Brain, Bone Marrow. Mostly for bone health and extra brain support for the detail-oriented freelance work that I do. But, since the liver is a major detox organ in our body, I'm wondering if this is part of my ongoing defense against Covid-19 too. I'm not even taking the full dose (6 capsules a day) on any of these, yet I first started with Bone Marrow probably three months ago. Just food for thought here.

I hope this helps someone out there.

We're all affected by this, even without being infected by this.

God bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment