Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Importance of Our Sixth Sense

I'm in Day Five of NaNoWriMo.  And having a nicely productive week.  But today I was a little worried about my late start on writing toward my NaNo WC.  However, since I plan to have fun with NaNo 2011 and to shut down my Internal Editor (who was talking a lot today), I just kept on track with my To Do list of other tasks until I finally felt the nudging to create those daily pages.

I had the best day yet.

Even though I have a thirty-six-item scene list to refer to, my chapter yesterday ended without a thread to pick up and follow today.  And I knew that consciously and must have been trying to distract my thoughts away from the supposed problem with my other duties, so that my subconscious could mull on it and whisper solutions to me.  It worked.

I checked the next item on my list and tentatively began to type.  Not that I have to be rigid about addressing my list numerically.  I am a pantster after all, not a plotter.  I have written scenes out of order before and edited them into place.  But, you know, once I got my fingers working those keys, a new idea emerged and it took me off in a word-filled direction with four new characters I had no idea were needed in my novel even one hour earlier.

In fact, had I known about them, I would have already searched through baby boy names trying to lock down each of theirs so I didn't waste my NaNo time on anything less than tapping the keyboard.  Still, I made good time and had my biggest daily WC yet.  I am PSYCHED!

And hope this momentum carries me to November 30 and beyond--and for all the other 2011 NaNoWriMo participants, too!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment