Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Friday, July 29, 2016

My Love of BookBub and My Book Cave, Plus Two Great Book Descriptions Ending with a Zinger

I love BookBub and My Book Cave from a purely maniacal reader standpoint as well as the always-searching-for-a-good-read, studying-her-craft author. Besides, what better research can an author do than read?

Now from my authorial vantage point, I collect manifold examples of the best (IMHO) I can find in the context of writing on every level: first lines, loglines, online descriptions, character names, places of interest, relationship articles, magazine models who seem to have a story to tell, fantastic quotes as themes, wonderfully emotive quotes as writing prompts, great cover art, yada, yada, yada.

So, in recent My Book Cave offerings, I found two brilliant book descriptions that ended with a zinger. Now I've seen great ones in BookBub's newsletters too and elsewhere, and this "zinger" version isn't the only type I adore. However, these two came almost back-to-back, if memory serves. And I just have to share them with you. If you click on their links fast enough, they both may still be free. I love both covers too.

After the Cure

After the Cure
By Deirdre Gould
Eight years ago a plague turned most humans into cannibalistic animals. Six years ago, a cure was found, and the Infected woke up. And they remembered. Everything.
AMAZON LINK: https://www.amazon.com/After-Cure-Deirdre-Gould-ebook/dp/B00ERVTFCM?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Crossfire

Crossfire
By Andrea Domanski
Once a normal teenage girl, now a modern-day Amazon warrior. Add in a bunch of kick-butt preternaturals, gods, and demigods, along with a secret government agency formed to keep them all in check, and what have you got? The worst birthday ever!

AMAZON LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Crossfire-Book-1-Omega-Group-ebook/dp/B00IOU4NR4/ref=sr_1_6?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1469821051&sr=1-6&keywords=crossfire#nav-subnav
Enjoy!

"If your vocation isn’t a vacation, then quit, leap, change careers."

Denise Barker, Author, Blogger, Copy Editor
Books that Build Character(s)


What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. Ralph Waldo Emerson
When you give someone a book, you don’t give him just paper, ink, and glue.  You give him the possibility of a whole new life. Christopher Morley
The best inheritance you can leave your kids is an example of how to live a full and meaningful life. Dan Zadra

No comments:

Post a Comment