Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Chilled Mocha Recipe Sans Dairy

Since I'm avoiding dairy this week, had leftover coffee from yesterday and wanted a cold sweet version after my breakfast, I decided to make a chilled mocha.  It turned out really well without milk, cream or half and half.  Or maybe, on Day Three Without Cream, I'm more accepting (ha!).

Take 1 heaping tablespoon of each of the following:

Powdered cocoa
Cream of coconut (chilled)
Thai coconut milk (chilled--just the liquid part, not the solids)
Stevia in the Raw

Slowly heat all to mix.  Add to about 1-1/2 cups of cold coffee.  Stir.  Add ice.

In fact, I wasn't paying close enough attention to my heated ingredients and was beginning to make a pudding.  Next time, I may try that, on purpose.

Also, after using them yesterday, I refrigerated the opened cans of coconut milk and coconut cream.  Today, the chilled milk turns richer, thicker--more like cream.  Since I add dairy cream straight from the fridge to my coffee, why not add chilled-thick coconut milk straight from the fridge to my coffee?  I'll try that next . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment