Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Two Life-Altering Quotations

I love quotes.  I collect quotes.  I have Volume One of an e-book of quotes out already, presently working on Volume Two.  So I search for and amass these wonderful sayings I find daily.

Sometimes . . . there are those that go to the head of the line.  Here are two recent ones I'd like to share:

1.  "Look well to this day.  Yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is only a vision.  But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.  Look well therefore to this day."  Excerpt from an ancient Sanskrit poem.

This sage saying speaks volumes to me.  First, the bird-in-the-hand thing. Take today and make it wonderful.  Second, the Bible speaks of handling wisely what you have, at this present moment, and if you do then more will be given to you (Matt. 13:12; Luke 6:38).

Third, it smacks me right in the forehead with the sobering thought to get out of the past--forgive you, forgive them, move on--and to look forward to the horizon ahead but NOT to the expense of the gift of today.

If we truly live THIS twenty-four-hour period as the gift-wrapped present it is, and aptly named "PRESENT," then just imagine how wonderful our futures will be?

The second one builds on the first.

2.  What if you woke up today with only the things that you thanked God for yesterday?

This was found within Pinterest and I have no idea who to thank for this one.  It has turned my life around.   In the five seconds it took to read the thought, I've become more grateful.  To the hundredth power.  And I thought I was pretty aware before. 

But isn't that a universal truth?  We may wish to sell our house, but once "readied" for that potential buyer, we fall in love again with our home.  Note the deliberate use of "house" and "home" in that previous sentence.

Our mind-set leads us.  What is that line in that Steve Martin movie?  Courtesy of L.A. Story, it goes like this:  Let your mind go and your body will follow.

As my post title states, these are two quotations that have the power to alter your life.

Find yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment