Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tim Ferriss's The 4-Hour Chef

If you want to go back to school (where you have never been before), this book will make you think. Out of the box. Against the norm. Into a new dimension.
Tim Ferriss's The 4-Hour Chef is a wonderful textbook on many specific subjects and yet life in general. The whole time I'm reading, I'm amazed at how his mind works; I hope by partaking of this book that I am soon able to do the same, to break down the complex to the simple. 
I'm rabid to try his language skills on my particular faves: French and Italian. 
His mind-set on the basic principles shortening our learning time is the primo gold herein. Also, I think he does "obsession" well. Something all of us should look for: our own "obsession."
Don't expect to read through this whole book in one sitting, even if you skip parts. It takes time to absorb this new level of learning. Give yourself this treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment