Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Sunday, December 16, 2012

God Bless Newtown, Connecticut

I have no cable, watch/listen to no news online, as it is rarely uplifting. Yet I still hear/read of the truly evil deeds that people commit. May God have mercy on that boy's soul. I'd rather not even pray for salvation for the likes of him, but God gives as we give. So I give mercy now. I hope my heart is in it eventually.

My ongoing prayers are for the family members dealing with such unspeakable, unreasonable, unfathomable loss. I cannot begin to imagine the height, the depth, the width, the permeability of that pain...

The Bible speaks of God saving our tears. There must be a reason why He does, other than the immediate release of endorphins here on Earth. Plus God tells us to speak of our trials, so we are mandated not to hold in emotions. I don't know what God will do with our bottled tears once we get to Heaven, or if He uses them beforehand for whatever purpose; we'll have to wait until then for all the answers.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment