Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

My Homemade Sweet Cream Cold Brew Recipe

This is pretty close to what I can get from Starbucks. I still get it there when I'm out and about. What can I say? I'm addicted to sweet cream cold brew. Here's my recipe:

I recycle a Starbucks Trenta-size to-go cup for my homemade version. Fill it to the top with ice. Pour in concentrated cold brew to the topmost line of the two marked on the cup (a little more than halfway) or your own cold brew concentrate. But I like mine strong, especially when the ice starts melting and diluting the ratios. Fix yours how you like it. Just make note if the cold brew you purchased is concentrated or not. Don't dilute those that don't say "concentrated" on the label. Add in water, with about 1" left for the final additions.

Top off with:

  1. I don't like mine overly sweetened, so just two little squirts of Walmart's Great Value brand of Liquid No Calorie Stevia (NO CARBS TOO).
  2. One tablespoon of Natural Bliss's new Sweet Creme Coconut Milk Creamer (I LOVE this). This is 3 grams of carbs well spent, IMO.
  3. Two tablespoons of half-and-half. That's 1 more carb.
Total carbs = 4/serving!

The Starbucks's nutritional info for a Trenta Sweet Cream wasn't available the last time I checked online. But for a Grande, it was 5 carbs. I figured, for a supersize Trenta, it was more like 15 carbs. So my homemade version saves me beaucoup carbs.

I love it. And I have it often at home.

Enjoy!

Denise Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment