Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Beautiful Author-Related Quote to Share, from Jane Austen to You

Quotes are my friends, my collaborators, my teachers, representing snippets of life in usually fifty words or less.  Be they funny outlooks or sage advice or relationship insight, they exist for all of us.
  
Here's one for us authors: 
It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language.
Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

I admire Jane Austen so much.  She and Nora Roberts are my mentors, having such a wonderful understanding of human interactions.

I aspire to be like them one day.

For now, I continue to create and hone my craft.  One day at a time.

Denise Barker, author + freelance copy editor
Good Ole Boys, a novel
A Copyediting Checklist for Novelists
WORDS Rule the World:  A Collection of Quotations ~ Volume One

No comments:

Post a Comment