Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Indie Authors, Remember to Update Amazon Author Central after Each New Upload

Yesterday, I uploaded my eleventh e-book. Today I updated my Amazon Author Central page to include my latest offering.

As an Indie, we wear so many hats. For me, I am the author, the creator. Once done with a story of whatever length, I then become the developmental editor, eyeing the big elements, the order, the need for scenes/characters in the overall plot.

Thereafter, I morph into the copy editor, focusing on minute matters, such as commas, to make sure I communicate well with my reader. Speaking of, then I read through my tale, as its first reader. Just to make sure I didn't miss any large or small components.

At that time, I transform into the one-woman design/production department. Here I play with my cover a last time, maybe adding a tagline, plus preparing a description and choosing some key words.

When done, I proceed to the online forums and start uploading.

Anyway, thought we all needed a reminder about keeping our Amazon Author Central page current.

So much to do, so much to forget...


Denise Barker, author + blogger + copy editor

No comments:

Post a Comment