Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Monday, March 11, 2013

The Blood Sugar Solution Continued

If you are interested in my usual breakfast under TBSS guidelines, here's my simple and fast omelet. Two whisked omega-3 eggs in a nonstick pan coated with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Once they start to set, I add a tablespoon or two of Rotel tomatoes and a few cilantro leaves (no stems). Finish cooking, sprinkle with salt and cayenne pepper and you are done.

Spices may well be our most overlooked and underused good-health component. Try to focus on adding more to your cooking.

I add the Rotel juice to my regular veggie juice to spice it up a bit, too.

If you have some time, or don't like spicy foods, caramelize chopped onions in EVOO in your pan. Once they are as brown as you like them (I actually like them crispy), top with your whisked eggs. Add diced fresh tomatoes and a diced avocado. Yum!

In the book, Dr. Hyman gives us two choices for breakfast: eggs or a protein drink (from hemp). I'm of the school that we can eat dinner at breakfast and vice versa. So I'm game for having leftover salmon and asparagus. Or steak and eggs.

Although the author advises us to purchase organic meats and produce, I'm not able to jump fully into that pricey adventure. But when funds allow, I'm there.



Denise Barker, author + blogger + copy editor



No comments:

Post a Comment