Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Second Year Anniversary as Indie Author

On March 26, 2011, I uploaded my first e-book to Amazon.

On March 26, 2013, I uploaded my eleventh e-book to Amazon.

I love being Indie. Wouldn't have it any other way.

My upload was so smooth this time. I think Amazon has tweaked their conversion process, because my preview was beautiful. From the first. (Or maybe I'm doing something better?)

And it spell-checked my document for me. A new feature. Very nice. But, as a copy editor, I was proud to see it only questioned two of my constructions: superpowers (the singular form is listed in Web11) and minivacation (which is allowed in theory under the Web11 entry for mini as a prefix).

For those of you interested in a collection of short stories, maybe for your lunchtime reading, here's my latest:





Enjoy!




Denise Barker, author + blogger + copy editor

No comments:

Post a Comment